Re: New Seedling

  • Subject: Re: New Seedling
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 03:26:43 -0000

Hello Ted,

Fun, ain't it? I think you're probably correct about it suffering
freeze damage. I see the effect when temps get to cold during
formation of the bloom stalk. It will probably look better in a year
when it escapes those conditions. Seedlings here tend to bloom earlier
when they try the first stalk and then bloom a bit later in subsequent
years, so the next effort at bloom may prove to be more normal. Maybe
the siblings will prove to not have been so anxious to put out that
first bloom.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA