Re: HYB: Wearing Rubies Seedling 2 - Betty

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Wearing Rubies Seedling 2 - Betty
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:05:14 -0700

CORDOBA grows well for me here too!  That was one of the reasons I crossed it with WEARING RUBIES. It is interesting to hear that both of these irises can rebloom, because neither have rebloomed for me (but then I don't "baby" my irises by giving them extra water or fertilizers. Also, our summers are way too hot and so the irises will usually go dormant during our summers.)
I'd be interested in seeing what your CORDOBA seedlings look like too.  What did you cross it with?
I guess I will really pay more attention to the WEARING RUBIES "look-alike", and see how it compares in performance, bud count, etc to the real "WEARING RUBIES".
One thing is certain - - it grows taller.
~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.