RE�: Re: Need of pictures

  • Subject: RE�: Re: Need of pictures
  • From: "irischap" <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 13:50:09 -0000

The question I asked was about current requests for high end photos.
You havenâ??t answered these questions.

So what are these high end photos you are requesting being used for?

In terms of your Iris book, Reggie, be honest. I sent you a high
number of high resolution photos, and then stopped as you kept asking
for more and more didn't reply to my request about compensation. I am
quite willing to help people and did help, but when you are getting
payment for the book and ask for over 30 photos free of charge for a
book for which you are getting payment, then some arrangements need to
be made. You know this, you sell your photos and never would have
given away this number of photos. After awhile the number of request
from you for photos was no longer just a favour, but work. No offer of
any kind of compensation, not even an offer of a free copy of your
book although you did offer to sell me a copy of your book

Whether you used the photos I sent or not I have no idea,

You were clear on what the photos for your book were being used for.
But right now you are asking people to send you high end photos and
not saying what these are being used for. And you sell photos to
magazines and newspaper etc. etc. These people that you sell photos
to send you requests for photos. You show up periodically on this list
asking for print quality photos. But never a comment on what these
photos are being used for.

You also have a large reservoir of photos that you have to sell, but
are not posted on your site. So you could have some of the photos
sent to you free of charge, in your portfolio. There is no method for
people to check if their photos are there

So a second question.

Are any of the free photos that people sent to you in your "for sale"
portfolio? How can we check on this?

125,000 photos have to come from somewhere.

Chuck Chapman

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Rejean Millette" <rmillette@...>
wrote:

> Also Mike
>
> When I wrote this book about irises, one of the first written in
french, I had the support of almost everyone involved in the iris world.

> As a member of AIS and CIS I requested help on information.
>
> All the big names helped and I thanked them. As we don't make money
with these books, it was used to propote the genus Iris.

> More I gave over 25 of these books to thank the ones really helped.
>
> But I didn't get any support from Chuck even if the name of his
business is noted as a supplier for irises.

> Thanks to all that gave help.
>
> Reggie D. Millette

> De: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com de la part de Mike Greenfield
> Date: sam. 2009-02-07 12:42
> �: iris-photos
> Objet : [iris-photos] Re: Need of pictures
>

> Chuck Chapman brings up a good point. I went on their web page.
http://www.millettephotomedia.com <http://www.millettephotomedia.com/>
I didn't see any of my photos. I have sent some in the past. I don't
usually care about someone using my photos and don't ask for them to
give me credit. I feel this is way out of line.