Re: ADMIN: Milette's "borrowing" photos

  • Subject: Re: ADMIN: Milette's "borrowing" photos
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 22:40:16 -0700

John, allow me to address 2 issues here:
1.) I met Mr. Millette on tour at the 2006 AIS Convention in Oregon. He was very friendly and very polite. He told me he was writing a book, and that he may later ask to use some of my photos in his book. He told me (and in the presence of my husband too) that he would give me credit for my photos used in that book, and also in return, he would send me a copy of that book once it was completed.
Later he did indeed ask for high resolution (TIFF) photos of six to seven (maybe eight) arilbreds. I gave him my permission to use those arilbred pics and sent him the high resolution photos. Those arilbred photos were used in his book, and he did indeed send me his book thanking me for my support. I was pleased and honored he kept his word by sending me the iris book. However, I was NOT given credit anywhere in that book (as he said he would) for any of my photos which were used. That was disappointing to me.
2.) John, those 2 photos of Carl and Sissy, and Cerf-volant indeed are mine, and I was "surprised" to see that they are being offered for sale!! ** Mr. Millette never mentioned or asked me for my permission to place my photos online so he could SELL them.
As I look through a couple of the iris links at his "photos for sale" website - - I find even more of my photos there. On the first IRIS page of this website I see my photos of Alpine View, and April of Paris. On the B's page I now see my photo of Brazen Beauty. I can only speculate that there are more of my photos on that website that I did not give my permission to sell.
About a week or 10 days ago he asked me for a couple of my Louisiana Iris photos in High Resolution (and so I sent them).  I (mistakenly) assumed he was going to write another Iris book and needed Louisiana photos for it.  (I say this because he had mentioned to me back in 2006 that he may write a second Iris Book, and if so, that he may contact me again). Now, I am uncertain what he plans to use those 2 photos for.
~ Margie Valenzuela
 (margiempv, Margie Piorkowski Valenzuela)
Oro Valley, AZ.