Re: Re: ADMIN: Milette's "borrowing" photos

  • Subject: Re: Re: ADMIN: Milette's "borrowing" photos
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:39:16 -0700

Update:

1.) Reggie wrote me this morning and told me where to find the credits in his book. My name IS there along with other names whose photos he used in that book. I found the credits just a few minutes ago. I looked and looked before (and looked again even before I answered John's email ), but never thought to look at the small print on the first page.  Instead I was looking for the credits under the section REMERCIEMENTS;  or next to the photos themselves; or in the index along side the written name of the iris (those places where many writers would list credits). I just wanted to point out that credits were listed in his book.

2.) I understand that some of you gave your permission for your photos to be placed on his website, but I did not. I was indeed surprised to see my photos there. (I have a folder where I save e-mails from those I've given permission to use certain photos for books, articles, etc) Reggie, did mention to me that he may not have remembered correctly - - due to all those who DID give him permission. He also wrote that eventually "updating the site was getting to much. So the site was not updated accordingly".

His e-mail was direct yet friendly. I'm awaiting an answer for what my Louisiana Iris (high resolution) photos will be used for.

It sounds as if each of our experiences with Reggie has been different. Understanding what goes on "behind the scenes" we may never fully know. But, since I met him back in 06, and my husband and I talked with him in length - I can say that I know he has a love for photography, for irises (daylilies and hostas too), and a desire to promote these 3 species.

~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.