RE: HYB: Parents of pink seedling

  • Subject: RE: HYB: Parents of pink seedling
  • From: "Francelle" <fjmjedwards@qwest.net>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 12:40:09 -0700

Thank  you, Mike,

76-36 A was registered last year.  Its name is Coral Dancer.  I will grow it and send it out for evaluation for probably two more years before I have it introduced.  The picture is of its first bloom in 2006.  Every bloom season since it has looked different.  It is basically a coral self with a lighter area around fiery red beards.  It is heavily ruffled, moderately laced, a good but not rampant grower with average stalks and seven to eight buds.  It gets rebloom genes from Barbara My Love, but neither show any sign of reblooming here.  Crossed with Cloud Reflection, from 50 or more seedlings, four are sending up stalks which may indicate rebloom.  I remember from last year that most were a light orange that I don’t like.  6525-7636A A is a pastel with mauve pink standards (from Cast of Characters), white falls with a pink-gold rim.  People who like pastels like it very much.  Those who prefer brighter colors overlook it.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9