Re: PIC TEST

  • Subject: Re: PIC TEST
  • From: Dana Brown <ddbro@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 06:49:45 -0800 (PST)

Actually, to quote our list owner...

>Just a reminder on photo file sizes:

>50KB or smaller is the recommended size and lots of folks get them >under 40KB. If you want to send multiple pictures in the same
>message, please limit your total message size to 200KB.
There are two reason that I know of for this.
    1.  There are still members on dial up and a 600kb photo can mean a very long wait.  Even 300 kb can slow things down.
    2.  Our host, Hort.net, (who doesn't charge us for this) has a finite amount of space and you can store 6-50 kb photos in the same space as 1-300 kb photo and a 50 kb photo is still gorgeous.

Thanks,

Dana

image/pjpeg