Re: photo backgrounds, etc.
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: photo backgrounds, etc.
  • From: "Mike Greenfield" <mgreenfield@cinci.rr.com>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 16:34:50 -0500

Paint Shop software will let you cut out the bloom and  add backgrounds also. The pricey Adobe Photoshop is not needed. Adobe Elements is fine. It has almost everything the full version except animation and ability to make color separations for commercial printing.

The older Paint S ( Versions 7, 8, and 9 ) can make animations.

I hear many negative comments on "photocopying" iris photos. I think it is fine if the goal is correcting color to match the bloom in the garden. Changing form is out.

Below is my Maddy P taken with different cameras. Lower left is photo from how it grows at Superstition's Garden

Mike Greenfield
.