Re: HYB: February Surprise
  • Subject: Re: HYB: February Surprise
  • From: "d7432da" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 18:02:09 -0000

Curious, isn't it? I have a seedling that should be a balanced amphidipoid AB that has exhibited odd bloom habits. It first tried to bloom in the heat of summer. Huge bud that never got out of the fan. Initially I attributed that to my being late getting it lined out. I also thought it would be a bloomout since the fan had no increase. Then shortly after the bud dried up there came an increase. That new fan then proceeded to repeat the process of the first one within two months, so a fall attempt to bloom. That's quick for new increase. Again I thought it would be a bloomout, but two new fans appeared. Late in the spring season one of those attempted to bloom again. Never got out of the fan enough to open. Currently there are about three fans in the clump. I considered tossing it or, more likely, planting it in the Purgatory bed but so far haven't gotten around to doing it. I'm thinking there's something wrong genetically and that it won't ever straighten out and bloom properly or timely.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA