Re: Re: CULT: year round food
  • Subject: Re: Re: CULT: year round food
  • From: Dana Brown <ddbro@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 06:40:08 -0800 (PST)

The rabbits have also invaded my iris on numerous occasions.  Always in the winter when things are dry and the only thing looking good and green are the tender young iris shoots.  The cotton tails graze them off about 1-2" above ground level.  Knock on wood, to date, we have not lost a single iris due to this.  When you notice the damage starting up you can put out pans of water as far as possible from the iris and it will draw them to it.  For us, my neighbors chickens are a LOT more trouble.  The dig the iris up and pull the newly planted iris up.  Makes me crazy!!  I get a strong yen for chicken and dumplings!!
Malevil Iris Gardens & Kennels
 I own a dog and I vote!!