Re: CULT: strange storage

I have to redo my front SDB bed that also has TBs in it because it's impossibly weedy/grassy. When I dig the irises they will go in bags each with its label so they can be replanted right away this summer. I might use plastic because I have more of it, but paper would probably keep them cooler.
Barb in SW MO, where our foot of snow is MELTING,  yay!
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2011 9:33 AM
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] CULT: strange storage

I've only done it when moving. In fact I've still got some seedling rhizomes to plant out that have been stored for more than 6 months. They are alll still viable. But I wouldn't do it unless necessary (moving house, preparing new beds etc) Can't think why anyone would bother unless they had to.

Colleen Modra
Thermomix Consultant
Mt Pleasant
South Australia