Re: Blooming today

I thought the photo was of Iris japonica.  It sure looked like the Nada I grow.  Here are two photos of mine.

Jan in Chatsworth

From: Cordesview <cordesview@speednetllc.com>
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, February 14, 2011 5:37:05 PM
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Blooming today

Are you SURE it's not winter/frost hardy???  (I'm just kidding!)

I have many orchids in the house right now keeping my color-nerves happy, and this photo of Iris confusa had me -- shall I say -- 'confused??'  :-)  I really thought it could be an orchid, especially with the waxy looking buds.

THANKS for sharing, Jean!