Re: Blooming today
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com

I. japonica is closely related to I. confusa,
and they look very similar, though not exactly
the same (most notably the spots around the
orange signal are different). The I. confusa article in the
AIS iris encyclopedia has an interesting discussion
of why it's called confusa (i.e. the initial confusion
between it and I. wattii and other crested iris).

Oh, and sorry for the double-posted picture -
computer weirdness...

Jean
in the now-rainy SF bay area, zone 9