HYB: TB C50-27

Here's another seedling that bloomed for the first time. All the siblings in this group had really nice branching, too! I was going for branching, too. One of the siblings was a NICE lavender color, but it got run over by a tractor tire when my dad went driving around a piece of equipment (he thought he was driving through "weeds". lesson learned . . .keep the garden better weeded!)

'Country Dawn' X 'Rebecca Anne'

I got the pollen parent as a stalk brought home from one of our Iris Shows. It was a REALLY nice specimen, with 4 open blooms, immaculate, too! If you'd like to see a photo of it, Argyle Acres has one here. "http://www.argyleacres.com/gallery/view_detail.asp?iris_id=245"

Didn't know where I'd use the pollen myself, so my wife used it on Country Dawn. (she, at the time, was not yet my wife . . . but we were talking marriage. :-)

Oh, I also added my own photo of 'Country Dawn' below.

JPEG image

Country Dawn X REbecca Anne
translucent with velvety falls, 0 fragrance

JPEG image

TIFF image

'Country Dawn' (Thomas Johnson, 2003)