Re: HYB: Silk Romance X Laced Cotton
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: Silk Romance X Laced Cotton
  • From: Cordesview <cordesview@speednetllc.com>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 09:28:31 -0500

Whoa, how is 'Laced Cotton' a plicata? *giggle*

Last time I grew it, it was a pure white self with loads of lace.

:-)

Adam~

On Feb 15, 2012, at 8:38 AM, Betty Wilkerson wrote:

With 'Laced Cotton' being a plicata, I can see where you might get some
plicatas in the next generation. I don't see much chance for rebloom
but it might be there in more temperate climates. What would you use
or have you used for the next step?

'Again & Again' did bloom some plicatas when used with 'Echo Location'
so it works for plicata breeding. 'All Revved Up' tends to be a good
breeder and has given rebloomers. I'd try it as pollen parent on this
one. I've not tried 'Echo Location' as much but it gave two plicata
rebloomers with A & A. (Late fall and nothing new)

<<If Betty has a really good memory, she may recall me saying offlist
that one of my goals was a tall, heavily laced, edges-only plic RE.>>

Betty Wilkerson
Zone 6 KY
autmirislvr@aol.com