Re: Re: HYB: Silk Romance X Laced Cotton
  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: Silk Romance X Laced Cotton
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <Autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 14:32:04 -0500 (EST)

Yes, Linda. 'Vanishing Act' is proof that 'Laced Cotton' is a plicata.
VA is one of my favorite plicata parents. Much as I love VA, I
liked some of her siblings as they were nearly brown and plicata, also.
Unfortunately, they were not as tall or vigorous as VA. Still, using
VA due, in part, to it's LC heritage.

I've tried to grow LC again and find it is really prone to rot here.
(newer location) Was not fond of the grandchildren I got when I used
LC with Feed Back.

Still have a good batch of seedlings to grow from VA. All plicata.

Betty Wilkerson
Zone 6 KYautmirislvr@aol.com