Re: HYB: Lunar Whitewash
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: Lunar Whitewash
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 17:59:05 -0500

It does have that, Betty.   By the way  --  Iâm getting iris-photos responses to photo postings, but Iâm not getting the original photo postings and their accompanying messages.  Does anyone have an idea why?  --  Griff

Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 12:18 PM
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HYB: Lunar Whitewash

Mary Lou, I was told, by a hybridizer friend with experience, to be
aware that 'San Leandro' (in LW) would pass on bad branching. I've
tended to avoid it through the years for this very reason, but did give
in to 'Lunar Whitewash.' It has passed on the poor branching when
crossed to things with bad branching. (Double shot of bad branching.)
I should have some blooms from 'All Revved Up' (good branching which it
usually passes on) by 'Lunar Whitewash.' One of the goals is to see if
LW will pass on the branching when used with good branching.

As with other characteristics, it seems the children will tell the
story.

Griff, sometimes it opens in time here, but it does seem to be getting
later as time passes. Still worth working with due to the form . . .
IMHO.

Betty Wilkerson
Zone 6 KY
mailto:autmirislvr%40aol.com