Re: HYB: better shot of dark brown bitone
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: better shot of dark brown bitone
  • From: Cordesview <cordesview@speednetllc.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:58:49 -0500

Hey Mary Lou,

Yeah!  I really do like that brown bitone seedling!

Checked out that reddish one from the same cross (http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/jan09/msg00000.html), and it never seems to astound me the differences is offspring from the same two parents.

My fingers are crossed that it behaves well...  :-)

Adam~

On Feb 19, 2012, at 11:10 AM, <MryL1@msn.com> <MryL1@msn.com> wrote:

Been talking with Adam, offlist.  Sent him this shot and decided you
all might enjoy it.  This was taken by a better photographer that I, with
better equipment.  Posted my shot 6-13-11.

Thing is, the foliage behind it makes it look dinky little, and it's not.  This was
shot in the swampy, north-facing slope, facing up to higher ground.  It's
actually above average height for a TB.  And, yes, the falls are that dark,
especially newly-opened.  I had said before it had clean hafts.  Not quite true -
minimal haft marks.

If it behaves well enough, I will probably register it as Jerry Swann, for my dad.
I promised him any iris named for him would be appropriately masculine.  He's 90
now, so I want to do it while he's still young enough to enjoy it.

03-52C: (Double Agent x Memoirs) X Rustler

Pod parent of this one is pollen parent of Nobody But Me.
BTW - Same cross produced the reddish one posted 1/1/09.

Mary Lou near Indianapolis - about run out of photos of any interest

<03-52CXR.jpg>