Re: HYB: Luminosity & BC
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: Luminosity & BC
  • From: Chuck Chapman <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 10:10:29 -0500 (EST)

Over 95% of all BC iris involve plicata X plicata with BC. Vanity,
which is way back in parentage seems to be 1/2 to 3/4 plicata. so it
could have some plciata genes.

Randomly putting pollen from BC on a "not plicata" will give you a
slim to non chance of producing a BC.

Putting BC pollen on this seedling will likely give you slightly higher
then slim to non chance. So certainly a higher statistical chance.
Sort of like buying two lottery tickets instead of one doubles your
chances of winning top prize. But not where I would be putting my
effort.

Chuck Chapman