From: starlord@QNET.COM (Slc.Dennis Bishop)

>From: "Patricia R. Wenham" <prw@televar.com>
>Me too but some of the photos come through as letters, numbers and
>characters and I can't get anything to open them.  Maybe someone else
>can help both of us?  I run Windows 95 and Netscape.
 All files that are sent over the net are encoded, yes even these
messages, for the messages, the list sever handles it all and as
they are letters already you never notice it. But anyother file
is encoded, that is, every bit of data is turned into a letter
and the whole thing is transmitted looking like a massive file of
unreadable letters. Now, if it is the mime base64 encoding, then
your mircosoft software should be able to decode it. If the
encoding used is UUENCODE then you will most likly need the extra
files that runs under windoz that can decode them. Most of the
ibm/microsoft clones use the base64 encoding by default (The
Fault of bill gates), You most likly have seen the photos I send
out, and because I use an Atari TT/030 my default is the FTP
standed of UUECODE. BTW, I have the files that I can send to you
that allows you to handle UUENCODE files.

|Bishop Telescope Fund   | Akumaizer Cattery  | E-mail List Owner   |
|470 20th ST West #23    | Japanese  Bobtails | Dahlia-net          |
|Rosamond,Ca.93560       | Home Rasied JBT's  | Canna-net           |
|starlord@qnet.com       |                    | Astronomy/SIAR-L    |