Re: I. schachtii 2

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>Jan, those photos are gorgeous.  What kind of camera/film/etc. did you use
>for them?

I'm using a Pentax camera (cheapest available) with a Sigma lens. It has a
UV filter (to pretect the lens apparently) and a +1 magnification lens,
which seems just enough to get a nice close up.
I set the camera on the little picture of a flower. As you can see, I am
completely camera illiterate.

One thing puzzles me...your dirt doesn't look red enough.
>What's up with that?

Ah Dennis, time to get the atlas out, I live in central Victoria, not
Central Australia.  About 20miles south of here (Daylesford), the soil is
quite red, and good potato country. I bet they could grow irises there. Our
natural 'soil' is more yellowy, clay coloured, but my introduced garden soil
is a mix of sand, rotted animal manure, rice hulls, and compost. The irises
seem to like it.
I'll be sending a few more photos in the next few days. I've been saving
them up!
Cheers, Jan