Re: Wabash

From: Mike Lowe <mlowe@worldiris.com>

Harold asks...

>Wouldn't Jan be able to easily determine in the field the
>difference between an MTB (Mini Wabash) and a TB (Wabash) simply on size?
>Neither Mike nor Jim have this advantage but Jan does if I understand this
>thread.

Certainly she could, and she did not indicate in her message any
doubt as to Wabash's claim to be a TB.

However, the size thing is not as absurd as it, at first reading,
appears. Wabash is a smallish flower, as TBs go. Ginny and Don Spoon,
Winterberry Gardens, listed Wabash in their catalog as an MTB, based
on their evaluation, in their garden, of Wabash's flower and stalk
size and stalk height. I looked at where they were growing Wabash and
in the semi-shade it tended to produce small flowers and a taller
than normal stalk, a bit out of class for MTBs but not utterly beyond
the pale.

Cheers,

Mike

Sign up for eLerts at: