Re: Wabash

From: Mike Lowe <mlowe@worldiris.com>

Jan writes...

>My cv of 'WABASH' was
>doing poorly, and only produced a smallish flower. I tis definitely NOT Mini
>Wabash, as it is not a recent cv.
>Had I taken a photo the following day, this flower (the only one that opened
>this year) would have looked quite different - larger, with more vertical
>hanging falls.

Taking all into consideration I would put the odds fairly high that
you really have Wabash.

An extremely fresh flower -- will give very dark, intense coloration
compared to a mature bloom.

A very fresh flower will not have expanded to its full growth -- it
will be flaring and the falls will be more rounded than in the mature

When stressed, or doing poorly, Wabash will do a very good imitation
of a Miniature Tall Bearded.

All in all I would say, be comfortable that you really have Wabash. I
will dig through my slide library and post a scan of Mini Wabash and
also Bumblebee Deelite so you can see where those who thought your cv
might have been a wrongo were heading.

Sign up for eLerts at: