[PHOTO] RE: Ringed regular plicata | Sat, 6 Jan 2001 16:13:13" />

[PHOTO] RE: Ringed regular plicata

Here is another picture to maybe help brighten a winter day.  This is a
2001 introduction called Voices.  I first thought it was a pumila spot
plicata on the order of Logo, but the more I looked at it and Logo, the
more it looks like one of the banded or ringed plicatas.  Parentage is
(Tweety Bird X (Static sib x Wacko)  Wacko has that pumila spottish look
to it, but not as pronounced as Logo.  Any comments?  It will be
interesting to see the interaction of the pumila spot + plicata as it
progresses.  Maybe it will be something fun and maybe it will turn out
to be nothing at all.  Haven't had much time for communicating.  Work on
catalog must progress and unlike most of the country, weather has been
much better than usual here, so real gardening is also underway - YEA!

Paul Black
Zone 8
Sunny and mild in Salem Oregon

In iris-photos@egroups.com, Chuck Chapman <irischapman@n...>

> Here is a photo of another ringed plicata SDB. This one has regular

> rather then the luminata pattern. Note ring on standard and falls

and that the
> plicata stitching is pushed back from the edge where the ring is.

The pigment
> in the ring seems to be a dusty-grey pink, although it could be a

pinkish tan.

JPEG image