Re: Ringed regular plicata

--- In iris-photos@egroups.com, PAUL BLACK <midamerg@e...> wrote:
> Here is another picture to maybe help brighten a winter day.  This
is a
> 2001 introduction called Voices.  I first thought it was a pumila
spot
> plicata on the order of Logo, but the more I looked at it and Logo,
the
> more it looks like one of the banded or ringed plicatas.  Parentage
is
> (Tweety Bird X (Static sib x Wacko)  Wacko has that pumila spottish
look
> to it, but not as pronounced as Logo.  Any comments?  It will be
> interesting to see the interaction of the pumila spot + plicata as
it
> progresses.  Maybe it will be something fun and maybe it will turn
out
> to be nothing at all.  Haven't had much time for communicating.
Work on
> catalog must progress and unlike most of the country, weather has
been
> much better than usual here, so real gardening is also underway -
YEA!

> Paul Black
> Zone 8
> Sunny and mild in Salem Oregon

I'ts hard to tell from this photo if the ring is present.It looks like
there could be from the colour. Logo had similar appearence to the
ring factor so we could be looking at something that is connected, or
has much the same effect. I'll will be revising some of my comments om
plicatas pending further information that I'm expecting shortly. I'm
suspecting that some of what I'm attributing to the ring factor may be
something else.