Re: Re: Aristea

In a message dated 1/11/01 4:25:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
stogutis@kaunas.omnitel.net writes:

<< I can't tell about hardiness of it but it is only clear, that in our
climate it can't grow outside. Hopefully it is plant of subtropical climate.

       I looked at one of the plants of Aristea ecklonii, and it is green at
the base, which was protected by oak leaves.  Right now, that plant looks
like it will survive.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida      [USDA Zone 8b]    [Coldest this winter:  -12 C]