Skywalker has a pattern of intensification of the anthocyanins
especially in the falls that apparently comes from Hony Tonk Blues.
I suspect this may be something quite distinct from the umbata
pattern.  A similar but slighter effect showed many years ago in
seedlings from Melvina Suiter's Oceanic, which was from Sun Lakes x
Blue Rhythm.  The odd ancestry here includes trojana and aphylla if I
remember rightly, but only traces of either.  Blue beards showed up,
especially strongly in the related Lady Bluebeard.  The effect may
have some genetic connection to the blue beard.

I tried making crosses from Skywalker this year and had no successes--
-is it fertile?  I love its form and texture.