Re: Reblooming MTB

--- In iris-photos@egroups.com, Vicki Craig <craigiris@i...> wrote:
> Here is a little iris which reblooms for us....It is a seedling
from our 48 chromosome lines.

Vicki, these two are charming!  I take it that the "48" reference is
to your breeding from TB's with aphylla, and that this rebloomer is
also from that origin.

Fitz Randolph sent me some aphyllas to work with a number of years
ago and I wish I had them again.  A couple years after they came to
me I folded up the farming operations, the iris growing with them and
left Idaho.  I'm just now back to iris again after a couple of
decades--and on the lookout for 48-chr. aphylla clones again.  Are
any of what you have available for trade or sale?  If so, I'd
appreciate an e-mail and we can talk about it.  Thanks!

Neil Mogensen, Zone 7a in North Carolina