ADMIN: Archives and YahooGroups

storylade@aol.com wrote:
> Something seems to have rendered Mallorn useless.  ?? I see only 1 entry for
> 1-26-01 and none for 1-27-01.  I am getting MAILER-DAEMON messages after I
> post to iris-talk.  Anyone else?

The situation is this (this applies only to the Mallorn archives):

When iris-talk was switched from eGroups to Yahoo, the automatic process
of adding the messages to the archives no longer worked because of the addressing.

So messages from the 26th and 27th are not yet in the archives. The
problem has been resolved, but the lost messages will have to be added
to the database by hand and will take a bit to finish.

Now about Yahoogroups:

If all you want to do is send and receive messages you don't have to do
anything except change the list addresses to:

Tha old addresses will work for a while, but eventually you will need to change.

In order to access your list administration pages you will need to
convert your account from eGroups to Yahoo!. You need to do this to do
things like change from Mail to Digest Mode, to change from No Mail/Web
Access, or to Unsubscribe from the list. *I will not do these thins for
you*. I expect that you are capable of administering your own account.
If you need help, email me and I will send you instructions.

It is a very simple process to change you account: Just go to the
Conversion Wizard at:

If you have forgotten your eGroups password, there is a solution there
for that as well. All you have to do is follow the simple instructions.
If you already have a Yahoo! ID, you can link the two easily.

Don't wait till you are going on vacation and have to stop the list
mail, do it NOW!

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at: