Re: re: name tags

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] re: name tags
  • From: John I Jones jijones@usjoneses.com
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:19:59 -0800

How do you straighten the wire? When I by a roll, I tie one end to t
atree and the other to my bumper (Explorer) and strech it about 4-5
feet. Straightens out pretty well.

Then how do you make that nice tight cirlecue?

Ronald Leger, Bedford, Qc wrote:

> At 11:27 AM 01/28/2003 -0600, you wrote:
> >nmogens  wrote:
> > > Pat,  a question.  How are you making your nametags?  That looks like
> > > about 10 guage wire and a piece of zinc.  Did you make it yourself?
> > > Or buy it?  And what did you write with?
> >
> >They are homemade - pretty much on an "as-needed" basis.
> I am not into Irises yet, but I make a similar tag for my daylilies.
> Mine is made from galvanized wire which I buy in a large roll, and cut
> up mini blinds (aluminum). I print the cultivar data with my laser
> printer on clear address labels, and stick it on the tags. They last a
> very long time and are very readable.  Picture enclosed
> Regards
> Ronald Leger
> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244396.2846622.4218523.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=1707632694:HM/A=1414307/R=0/*https://www.clearcredit.com/registration/default.asp?n=b&cpID=c01888p1379&ckID=gen14628>
> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
>Species Daylilies    http://members.tripod.com/daylily6/Species/Species.htm
>Daylily info page:       http://members.tripod.com/daylily6/
>Regular home page (french) http://pages.infinit.net/legerr/
>Ronald Leger, Bedford, Qc  US zone 4b-5a

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:
Director, American Iris Society