Re: Peach Spot

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Peach Spot
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 07:11:09 -0500

And thank you Betty!  Oh I would love to see those reblooming
IMMORTALITY/PEACH SPOT kids.  I am so glad you are finally in a good
location so you can really 'play' again.

Your description of the bloom stalk production from no foliage matches
the one that produced viable pollen for me.  A lollipop on a stick.

I tried several crosses with the small amount of pollen I had year
before last, but I think the only one that set pods was TEA LEAVES.  No
successful pods this year.

Yes, you are right that PEACH SPOT is in the bkg of a lot of Niswonger's
yellow/orange amoenas.  He was kind enough to fill an order for me very
late this fall & sent me a selection of several of the best of that
group.  I can't remember what he said about rebloom potential amongst
them - will go re-read our exchanges of email & post.

Most of the Niswonger amoenas are short, drat.

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: