Re: RE: TB: Peach Spot - Betty

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] RE: TB: Peach Spot - Betty
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 07:27:01 EST

In a message dated 1/4/2004 12:00:29 AM Central Standard Time, IrisLady@comcast.net writes:

Your Peach Spot crosses sound interesting.  You wouldn't happen to have any photos of some of those seedlings would you?

Margie, I did an educational exhibit with the HIGHLAND CHIEF X PEACH SPOT cross, which included both plants and pictures.  Unfortunately, I've not seen those pictures in years and my scanner isn't working.  Sorry!

This was the most exciting cross I ever watched bloom.  (accident)  I bloomed about 35 seedlings from the cross and other than a number that looked similar to the pod parent, all were interesting.  One burnt orange self had only 2 branches but gave 9 blooms with triple sockets.  It gave one very similar to BRIDES HALO. There were several orange, but not as pretty as the one mentioned above.

I've tried to recreate this wide range of results with other plicata X amoena crosses.  Some will bloom this year or next (depending on where I have them planted).  I'm not expecting anything as spectacular as this cross produced.

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6

Yahoo! Groups Links