Re: TB: Let's Boogie

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Let's Boogie
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:16:15 -0700

Christy,

I'm not surprised.  Maybe it's my soil, but more often than not - - your iris colors have always been deeper and richer than mine. I recently looked at some photos of QUEEN OF CALICO, and though all the markings and details are the same, the coloring is so much richer elsewhere.

I was once told that if I added more iron (or ironite)  to my soil - - it would bring out the colors.  One year I did that and it sure did.  I really ought to add iron every year and through out the year.  I guess NOW -  wouldn't be a bad time to start, would it?  :-)

BTW-Nice photo Christy - - have more pictures?

Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9
IrisLady@comcast.net