Re: Re: COMP:Janets Iris Database/my own database

  • Subject: Re: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] COMP:Janets Iris Database/my own database
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" <neilm@charter.net>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:53:44 -0500

Yes, I do use a database built up from Access.  I set up a "quick entry" screen for adding data drawn from R&I's or CheckLists.  Some of the pedigrees or descriptions exceed the 256-character limits of the fields, so I have two fields to allow recording data that exceeds the 256 limit that get glued together in any printout via MS Word "MailMerge"--which I use to create a file or a printable version of my "on hand" list.
As to moving data to a modified version, yes I've done it but for the moment don't remember how.  I just remember it is possible with Access.
Neil Mogensen  z 7 western NC

Yahoo! Groups Links