Re: TB: Mulberry Rose grandchild

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: Mulberry Rose grandchild
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 18:51:38 -0500

Christy and others asked if I had a close up and if it is actually

I don't seem to have a closeup, which is odd, since I usually take
several closeups and save the best.  They may have all been overexposed.

I wondered the same thing when I pulled up the photo!  I don't remember
it being green, but it is a very clean white, possibly with greenish
veins, as some of the clean whites seem to have.  No hint of yellow or
blue even in the haft, as I recall.    But my memory isn't worth much
these days - and it certainly looks like it has both yellow AND green in
the photo.  We will just have to wait till next year...

Christy said:
<MR's form really comes through. I love the graceful look of it.>

I was surprised when I read this and pulled both photos up in reduced
screens so I could put them side by side to compare.  My memory is that
this baby, S1bwh, looks a bit more modern - wider petals, a bit of
ruffling, bigger flowers.  Comparing the photos side by side, MR is an
early 40s iris, S1bwh has at least a late 40s, possibly early 50's,

I think....

< Is she as tall as MR?   Christy>

If you look closely at the photo, to the rear right is a stalk of MR in
bloom.  I don't remember registered height of MR, but it is definitely
shorter than S1bwh.  S1bwh is the height Bill Burleson (and I) like -
don't have to bend very much to see her.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: