Re: CULT: nasty little pests

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] CULT: nasty little pests
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:08:07 -0700

Hi Robin,

This time of the year - - I get those nasty little bugs on my irises too.  (Especially those that do not get a lot of sun (indoor or out).)  They look just like the aphids I have to deal with.  Washing with water is safest.  I once heard using antibacterial soap on them when you wash them off was effective.  Yes, it was - - but when I did that - - those that I DID use it on - had hardly any bloom come spring.  Those I DIDN'T use it on - - had blooms as usual. So, I will never use anti-bacterial soap to get rid of aphids again on my irises.

Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9
IrisLady@comcast.net