Re: My first posting....

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: My first posting....
  • From: "bdavis3738" <bdavis3738@aol.com>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:35:23 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, <lacedgables@y...> wrote:
> I'm not sure how this will work ,but I'll do my best. It's my first
attempt at a posting. This seedling is a cross of ((Electrique x
Mauvelous) x Fogbound).  It has only the slightest of horned
expression, but was the nicest of that cross in terms of form and bud
count...2300-B is about 34-35 " high with two very nice branches and
eight buds...the falls have an expression of blue that doesn't
translate to film very well, but over all it is a good representation
of the flower.  The falls have a rim of the color of the stands and a
blueish central fall area.  The hafts have a distinct pinkish cast to
them....The beard is tangerine and fades to blue then white.....

Hi Paul,

That is a beautiful photo of a beautiful iris!  Nicely Done! It gives
me hope that some of the seedlings I am growing now might turn out to
be something really nice. Keep the pictures coming. This time of year
it is a real treat to see something new.

Thanks!

Brian Davis   Champaign, Illinois  Zone 5

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: