HYB: sdlng blue spot

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] HYB: sdlng blue spot
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 12:48:48 -0500

Well, let's try that again - apologies to everybody for that last stray
message sans photo....

Re: discussion on iris-talk about blue ground plicatas.  This seedling
has a subtle but distinct fog blue 'spot' on the falls when it first
opens.

Has anybody noticed this kind of fall spot on other TBs?

The ancestry of this thing is unknown (combination of bee pods, lost
plant labels, and lack of maps, before I got more serious about
crosses).  It might be from one of my intentional pallida crosses
(pallida X MULBERRY ROSE,  pallida X mixed pollen, including CARIBBEAN
DREAM or from a bee pod on something else, possibly SURRENDER (Tompkins
1951) or an unknown older white with heavy yellow shoulder veins.

Maybe I should try crossing it with a dark blue plicata.....
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: