Iris ignominy?

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Iris ignominy?
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" <neilm@charter.net>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:23:25 -0500

Using Outlook Express it is not only possible to print a word in color, but also in bold, itallic and any combination thereof.

Iris names stand out in capital letters, and, as has been noted by several, are much more easily spotted so written.  In response to Robert Pries' original post I tried out the stated convention of  'single quote' and used the grammatical convention of capitalization as is done with all proper names.  The names were invisible as far as I could see.  I find the suggested convention for our use on Iris-talk, Iris-photos and the various other groups pertaining to our communications a hindrance rather than a help.

One further comment.  Would this thread not have been more appropriate for Iris-talk rather than Iris-photos?  I, try as I might, find no photographic referent, content or relevance in the thread.  Its import seems quite in place, however, on the companion site--where echos of the thread are appearing.  If I were to give the thread a new name I might consider TEAPOT TEMPEST, but I note that is already taken (and is growing quite nicely here).

Just out of curiousity, what plant or horticultural societies predate the American Iris Society?

Neil Mogensen   z  7  on alternate Tuesdays, western NC

Yahoo! Groups Links