RE: Fwd: Re: more 1501 seedlings

  • Subject: RE: Fwd: Re: [iris-photos] more 1501 seedlings
  • From: "Anita Moran" <avmoran1@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 15:40:35 -0500

Now that is special
-----Original Message-----
From: J. Paul Hill [mailto:lacedgables@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2004 2:02 PM
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com

From: Sterling Okase
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] more 1501 seedlings
To: entageiris-photos@yahoogroups.com

Here it is. It's SDB in height. The form is not very
good but color, growth and bud count is good.
Parentage is (Westar x Scorpio) X Chanted. I was
hoping for an nice SDB with dark blue horns but none
of the seedlings were even close. Below it is the
parent, Westar X Scorpio.

Sterling: Very nice!  What a nice flower M9405-2-01 is.  (The light blue with the darker beards)  What is that ? Is it a median?  Tell me more about what its like as a plant.  Where would the horns be expected from...I have all my books still packed up in boxes or I'd look it up.  ( I just moved )   I've tried to get the horns onto SDB's for years and find it quite difficult.  There are a few horned SDB's out there....I have a spooned median (Triffid x Chanted) that is fertile sometimes and I have tried to get spaceage flowers out of it, but all I get are mutations....very tricky for me. I wonder if you have any sibs to this darker flower and if a sib cross or perhaps a back cross to the parent could do something for you...With the horn/spaceage flowers it's kind of a crap shoot when you start getting into this territory.   Is the darker seedling fertile?  That's the first thing I try to figure out...I'll enclose a photo of mine.  I have some seed from it that I hope to germinate....Paul

Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links