Re: Fwd: Re: more 1501 seedlings

  • Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [iris-photos] more 1501 seedlings
  • From: "J. Paul Hill" lacedgables@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 10:27:13 -0800 (PST)

 Do you grow Easter?
Easter is an SDB by Keppel that is very similar,
yellow halo pattern with a blue plicata inner rim and
blue tipped beard. Easter is very round and ruffled so
it might prove to be a good parent for your sib.

Sterling:  Easter did not fair well in my garden...I had the same idea.  So far all the crosses from this have been terrible...

... Next the photo of one of the seedlings to
 bloom from pink seedling.  The second generation
 seedling is pink also...

> It looks like a TB rather than
IB. What did you cross the seedling with to get this?

....the cross was with a seedling that came from (Electrique x Mauvelous) but it was a very small plant...strangly small. It was the only thing that set pods on it after many many attempts....since then I've crosssed it to SDBs but have yet to see results.  Paul