Re: Re: CULT: slough of despair (was Blyth etc

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: CULT: slough of despair (was Blyth etc
  • From: "Will Warner" wildbill@techie.com
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:36:57 -0600

Concerning rot, I've mainly had problems with rot, when I don't weed properly and secondary plants crowd the rhizome, and there is not enough air circulation to evaporate water from the spring rains.  I'm in SW Mo zone 6, so rot can be a problem, but usually isn't if I keep the iris weeded.  I've always wondered if changes in climate have an effect too.  Like; how do iris react when going from CA to MO?  I would think winter would be hard on them, but actually it's the spring rains here.  My 2 cents...:) Will W.

--

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor