Re: CULT: HYB: slough of despair

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: CULT: HYB: slough of despair
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 21:11:52 -0500

My experience with most hybridizers' intros has been that some lines do
well here, others don't.

I know which ones to avoid with Schreiners now, therefore I have pretty
good success with some of their intros.  Hard to guess in advance with
the more complex pedigrees.

KK's NIGHT GAME has done so well here, I'm optimistic about finding more
from him that will thrive.

Same for Ghio's ROMANTIC EVENING.

Still looking for a successful line from BB.  His have the added
handicap here of so many being early bloomers (usually hit by late
spring freezes & subsequent rot).  A lot of new experiments to look at
this year.
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links