Re: Seedling 1000-B

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Re: Seedling 1000-B
  • From: "J. Paul Hill" lacedgables@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 01:27:26 -0800 (PST)

Christopher Darlington <chris.darlington@sympatico.ca> wrote:

Paul,

That's a fine seedling !  Great beards finishing in a blue horn.  I'd
never throw it away if it was my seedling.

Dauber's Delight died on me too but I'm not going to dive up on it just
yet because it was the only SA to produce spoons for me a few years ago.
Blyth stuff here so far has been quite good.  I grow Keppel's Maharishi
and it's a super tough customer in this zone 4b garden.

Any more SA seedlings to show ?

Chris

Chris:  Yes I always have more, but don't want to monopolize the board.  Thanks for your comments, and every one elses...I read every letter and though I don't comment much I learn and enjoy it all.  Paul

PS...OK, here's one....(Chubby Cheeks x Chanted) This cross was just to see what would happen if two great Iris were crossed....I was supprised to see that far fewer good things came that I'd hoped....I am unsure about this, but it was one of the best for branching and bud count out of the cross.  Not sure if it could be considered 'finished' but I like the icy look and have made crosses to persue the avenue.....

Yahoo! Groups Links

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here