Re: ID help please Noid

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] ID help please Noid
  • From: bdavis3738@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 07:45:28 EST

Good Morning Bill,
I saw your post early this morning and immediatly thought,, That's Spreckles!  Then I had a cup of coffee, opened my eyes, and realized I wasn't even close. I knew I had seen something like this before though. It was buggin me. I searched through my archives and found nothing. Then I pulled out last years Cooley's catalogue and found the one I remembered. The one I was thinking of is called Ruffled Copper Sunset by Gibson 1993. Their website doesn't currently have photos on it. I guess they are re-doing it for spring. I haven't checked to see if there is a photo in the archives yet. If you can't find a pic I can
scan this catalogue and send the pic to you. Just let me know.
I am still enjoying growing some iris from the Big Dig indoors here this winter. My sister was kind enough to send me a few she bought from you.
Hope this guess helps!
Brian Davis
Champaign, Illinois
Zone 5 with a sultry -6 degrees!