Re: seedling 952G8 (was Re; Seedling Photos)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] seedling 952G8 (was Re; Seedling Photos)
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@erols.com
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 01:50:17 -0500

Paul  --  The motto of my mother's family, the McIntyres, is "per ardua".  So, yes, I know the difficulties (infertility, low seed count, poor germination, etc.) and have forged the path through them.  My only regret is the number of little beauties that I jettisoned along the way because of space constrictions.  I think you know about that problem, though.  Of the several seedlings from this cross, all were TBs (albeit what Dick Sparling would call "small talls") except 952G8.  It is fertile both ways, but the seeds from it as a pod parent have not germinated.  This, of course, could be due to weather conditions.  --  Griff