HYB: Known Seedling Parentages sent by Paul Black

  • Subject: [iris-photos] HYB: Known Seedling Parentages sent by Paul Black
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 23:48:15 -0700

Hi, ............... this is what many of you have asked for - the parentages of the 21 Mid-America seedlings I've recently posted. Paul was so kind to see which ones he could Identify without the ID numbers. Here is what he wrote back:

Some of these I can definitely identify and others I can give a parentage but don't know whether it is the A, B, or C etc selection.  Others I don't know at all.

Here is how they stack up.

(these numbers are in the order I posted them on iris-photos - I hope it wasn't confusing to him)
#2 = L153A  (Keeping Up Appearances x Romantic Evening) X (Complimentary x Spring Kiss)
#5 = T46?  Ring Around Rosie X (Notorious x Goldkist)
#8 = L117B  (Quito x Procession sib) X Touch Of Mahogany
#14 = M110 ?  Padded Shoulders  X Scene Stealer  Padded Shoulders is an "05 intro and the parentage is     Tropical Magic X (Blush Of Color x Taunt)
#10 = L5A  Brazilian Holiday X Foreign Legion
# 18 = K295A etc  is L83D   Time Will Tell X (Dream Of Gold x Epicenter)
#6  =  L83C  sibling to above
#20 = L81A  Tangled Web X ((((Sorceress x Dream Of Gold sib) x Pretty Pansy)) x Flights Of Fancy) x Key To Success)

Sharper Image is   Honk Your Horn X Special Feature"

Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9
IrisLady@comcast.net