Re: TB: (Photo) Social Graces

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: (Photo) Social Graces
  • From: "Adam Cordes" cordesview@m33access.com
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 10:28:33 -0500

Okay, here's one I do have and have a story to tell, too!

My Social Graces was purchased the same year as I got my Sentimental Rose. (I
got SG directly from Keith K, so Keith, if you're reading this, It's doing
fine now!)  I think SG was a little tender to frost, as it was the only one
besides Rite Of Spring (from Cooley's) that froze out . . . but not
completely!  I was out there scooping out the rotted rhizome, and took the
Comet after it. . . and to my amazement, from a small piece of hard rhizome
left over about the size of my thumb, two small sprouts started coming up
again!  (in about 2 weeks.)  Social Graces grew back enough to have two
strong fans this fall, and now it is happily (? i hope ?) packed away under
our snow and MULCH! :-)  I sure hope it blooms this year!  I'd love to take
it to the show! :-)

From Michigan,
Adam Cordes

President, Mio Irisarians