RE: TB:Form

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos]TB:Form
  • From: Walter Pickett waltseed2@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 08:28:16 -0800 (PST)

The first thing I thought of was that some of the LA iris and Japanese iris I like have standards much shorter then the falls.
Some aril species have standards much bigger than the falls.  Some of those I like too.
 Having a small difference between standards and falls may make an iris seem out of proportion.  But if the difference is great enough, you don't compare them, and can accept a different look.
Walter

Dana <DanaBrown@peoplepc.com> wrote:

Just right off the top of my head, how can a flower be balanced or in proportion if the standards are noticeably shorter?  Picturing this in my mind, does not give me a “balanced” picture??

Dana

Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Links