Re:PHOTO:TB: Venetian Waltz

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Re:PHOTO:TB: Venetian Waltz
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:29:09 -0500

Margie, that is a beautiful photo.

Do you perchance mean VIENNA WALTZ?

Keith Keppel has a VIENNA WALTZ and a VENETIAN GLASS.  I don't recall seeing a listing or registration of a VENETIAN WALTZ.  The photo looks like what I am growing as VIENNA WALTZ.

Incidentally, the variety is a terrific parent--I love the range of seedlings it has.  Although cooler colored than its sib SOCIAL GRACES, it has less of the deep texture veining that is so beautiful in SG but perhaps not in its offspring.  VIENNA WALTZ does produce some seedlings heavily marked--but here is one example of a non-tangerine bearded rose tone with flush of bluish violet below the beard (not this orange---that's a product of the digital photography that is very smooth in color.

The seedling is R 30-5, and is from (Sib to Power Woman: Swingtown x Romantic Evening) X Vienna Waltz. Not all the sibs are not so clean hafted, however.

Neil Mogensen  z 7 western NC mountains

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2495202/rand=565658322